Here are my top 5 tips for finding time when you don’t have the time to find it!
- WRITE DOWN YOUR TO DO LIST – Take a highlighter pen and priorities them under the headers below, then get a piece of paper, fold it into 4 squares and label them 1,2,3 and 4 …now transfer your to do list into the relevant boxes, and breath:
- Now (time dependent deadline)
- Later (no deadline but important it is done today)
- Tomorrow (not a priority)
- Ideally like to do (no deadline, it is more of a want to than a need to)
- TIME ASSESSMENT – How much time do I need to do everything that is in box 1? How much time do I have, and do I have enough?
- IF YES – then allocate time to each task, and then use your phone or anything close to hand to time each activity to ensure you complete on what you need to do and that you are focused.
- IF NO – then firstly what can you move to another box (that doesn’t have a time dependent deadline for today), what is the most critical thing on your list that you can start now? Can you extend the deadline on anything on your list? Do you have all the information that you need to complete the activity? What could you ask someone else to help you with (outsource)?
- GET AN EXTENSION – Don’t waste time panicking about something that you don’t have enough time to do, and or an impossible deadline that you simply can’t meet. Work out how much time you do need to do it. Then pick up the phone or send an email and request an extension. You will be surprised how pretty much all deadlines can be extended (most people factor in slippage time). Don’t make a habit of it though!
- OUTSOURCE – Can’t get an extension, well now it’s time to call in the friends, family, favours and professional outsourcing companies. There is no shame in asking for help(!) I believe it is a demonstration of ingenuity that you can get outside of your ‘time problem’ and work out how to resolve it.
- BREATH – When you find yourself in a situation like this, there is a natural tendency to PANIC…but all that will achieve is the loss of valuable time. So breath long and deep, close your eyes if that feels natural and repeat after me.
I will work out how to meet my deadlines,
I will breath deeply (breath deeply),
I am capable of achieving anything that I set my mind to.
Click on the link below to buy your ebook now, for more top tips on how to get more time.
DOWNLOAD PRODUCTS PRICES INCLUDE VAT